Masale Wale Chawal
Level: Easy Cooking time: 10 mins
We cook rice almost everyday and eat it with our favorite dal and side dish. But what does one do with leftover rice. In India normally the dear maid would eat it for her lunch/dinner. I have no maids here so I have to come up with a recipe for the leftover rice. Throwing it away, in my opinion, is a no no. My only option left here is to make another favorite dish of mine, like the good old folks did in the old days. This is pretty much traditional in every Sindhi home. I love to eat this with plain yogurt (curds) and papad, almost like a meal to me.
- 1 cup leftover cooked Rice
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic (optional)
- 1 tsp Rye & Jeera mixed
- ½ tsp Red Chilies
- ½ tsp Haldi powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp chopped Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice as required (optional)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- In pan heat oil, add rye and jeera. Let it splutter.
- Add chopped onions, garlic and cook for about 1-2 mins till pink.
- Next add all dry masalas, salt, Rice and chopped coriander.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve hot with papad and raita or eat it the traditional Sindhi way (by it self).
Keep it simple, keep it Sindhi.
I am sending this simple Sindhi recipe to Mahimaa’s -15 Minutes Cooking