Gulabi Kheer Mein Ice-cream Faloodoh
Shahi FaloodaLevel : Easy Assembly Time : 15 mins
(Taking photo editing lessons and this is what I have come up with my original pictures)
For the last couple weeks I have posted recipes on my blog. I have been cooking for a very long time and have many more that I will post. This particular one, I will blog today, means a lot to me. As most of you have read that I am not a person with technical knowledge, but there are some people who help me all the time. One such person is my niece who has been very kind to help me work on this venture of mine. She has taken out time from her busy schedule, sometimes on her holidays. While this page was being setup she was always there to do the editing and all that was needed to get this started. Even during my visits to India she is always there for me, to help me out with my shopping and even receiving and dropping me off at the airport. She has done a lot for me. This treat will be my way, in a small way, to thank her for her time and effort that she has put into everything she has done for me. It’s her birthday this week. Cheers, Sonali, this one is for you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU…Hope you enjoy this one dear.
Enjoy this great and easy recipe of ROYAL FALOODA.
- Rose Syrup: 4-5 tbsp
- Sabje ke beej / Tukmaria: 4 tbsp
- White Falooda: Heaped Handful
- Milk : ¾ Glass
- Vanilla Ice cream: 1Big Scoop
- Crushed Ice: 2 Tbsp
- Tall Glass
- Long Handle Spoon
Sabje Ke Beej: These are black seeds available in any Indian grocery store.
Soak a handful of these seeds (overnight if possible) in water. They grow a transparent jelly around them after they are soaked. A small handful yield a lot. These can be stored in the fridge for a couple days.
Rose Syrup: Store bought is ok.
- Sugar: 2 cups
- Water: 1000 ml
- Rose Essence: As required
- Rose Water: 3 tbsp
- Red or Pink Color
- Boil sugar and water for few minutes till sugar dissolves. Let it cool. Add rose essence, rose water and food color. Cool and store in jars and use as needed.
- Corn Starch/Corn Flour: 7.5 Tbsp
- Water: 400ml
- Sev presser
- Ice cold water with ice cubes.
Mix corn starch with water. Put it on the stove and cook it, stirring continuously on medium heat. Cook till thick but of transparent consistency. Keep cooking till it leaves the sides of the pan, almost like a ball. Put this hot mixture in a sev presser and press it with the handle into a container with ice cold water and ice. This falooda sev should be kept in water all the time. Add one or two tbsp of sugar to get that corn flour taste out. Serve cold. This can be stored for 1 or 2 days only.
Vanilla Ice cream: Store bought will do, except no Vanilla Bean, French Vanilla will do ok too.
ASSEMBLY OF ROYAL FALOODA:
- In a tall glass put the soaked subje ke beej.
- Now add some crushed ice cubes over that.
- Next add white falooda over that.
- Add rose syrup after that.
- Fill the glass with milk, ¾ full. Tilt it so the rose syrup remains on bottom.
- Top it with a big scoop of Vanilla Ice cream.
- Garnish if you like.
- Mix & Enjoy this cold simply delicious Royal Falooda.
Keep it simple, keep it Sindhi.