Cooking time: 20 mins
- 1 cup Rice Basmati or any long grain rice
- 2 cups Water
- ½ to ¾ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp fat (Ghee)
- Wash and soak rice for about 5-10mins in a bowl.
- In a container take 2 cups of water, add rice and salt. Let it cook.
- When almost ¾ of the water is evaporated, lower the flame. Cover and let it simmer for another 8-10 mins.
- Heat the fat in a small container and pour this fat over the rice.
- Serve hot with ………..
Tip for Fluffy Rice:
If you want fluffy rice (churiya chawaran in Sindhi), cook it in a lot of water (6-8cups), till tender. Strain out the water using a strainer. Run cold water over it to stop the cooking process. Lay the rice on a flat container to cool further. Add a dab of butter when serving. This rice can be reheated in an oven and will not stick at all. Add some Saffron and you have fluffy rice as served in restaurants.
Rice is cooked straining out the excess water. When you use exact measurements there is no need to remove any water. By removing the water one does get the excess starch out, which is the traditional Sindhi way of cooking rice.
Keep it simple, keep it Sindhi.